Having 6 kids, its often difficult to get even the simplest tasks done. This past month, I set a goal to get them all photographed. For a couple of them, its been almost 2 years since I had any type of official picture taken besides just snapshots of them. However, have you ever tried to get just one person into the photographer to get the picture done... well, try walking in there with six kids.... not only does the photographer either panic or see dollar signs, but its an absolute miracle if you get a good picture, unless you want to pay big bucks.... They usually want to only give you the special on your first one, and then to get it again, you have to come back in 30 days. Well being the procrastinator I am, that never works for me. Besides that, as my children can testify to, I like to take a million pictures and then pick just the right one. So, to solve this problem, and feel free from buying any type of package deal the school may send home this fall, I made each kid dress up and made them pose. I think I got some pretty good portraits, although I think the boys where much harder to do than the girls, but after coaxing and directing, and then a little computer magic to give each picture just the right little pizazz, I think they turned out pretty good.... Besides, I saved almost 40 bucks doing it myself! (That's a quarter tank of gas!)

Jessica, 15yo... 16yo in October!! She is so excited about driving, getting a job, and starting her Junior year of high school, her life is getting busy, and she is an amazing young woman that makes it all look easy. She has been working really hard for a couple years now, and at the end of the month she will be receiving her Young Womens Medallion. To get this award, it takes a TON of hard work and goal setting. She is really proud of herself, and Bruce and I are too!
Jessica, 15yo... 16yo in October!! She is so excited about driving, getting a job, and starting her Junior year of high school, her life is getting busy, and she is an amazing young woman that makes it all look easy. She has been working really hard for a couple years now, and at the end of the month she will be receiving her Young Womens Medallion. To get this award, it takes a TON of hard work and goal setting. She is really proud of herself, and Bruce and I are too!
2 comments:
i love the pic of jess. sam
You did a great job on the portraits... I cant believe how fast they have all grow..hopw life is good for you guys
Post a Comment