Yesterday and today, we went to beaches that only the locals know about.... It was awesome!! The beach yesterday was gorgeous, and nobody was there but us. We had to drive down this horrible 4x4 road that I was just sure I was gonna have to walk back up to go home... My brother, Matt, drove us in his car and he was so sweet the whole time. We kept saying "ahhh! Watch out for that!" or "We are never gonna make that!" and he just kept bouncing along laughing at how goofy and chicken we where. This picture right here is where we parked. If you look at about the middle of the picture, you can see the beach we walked to.

This is the beach we where on. As you can see, nobody but us.. It was really nice. On the way to the beach, we just had to stop at Walmart because it had been several days for all of us since we had been there and we just couldn't go another day without it... Anyway, while we where in Walmart, we found these really cool cameras for $10 that where 35mm and reusable but in a water proof case so you could use them underwater. I went ahead and bought one because Matt said we might see some sea turtles that usually where swimming down at this beach. So I figured that I could buy one and even if I didn't get to see any turtles there would be lots of other things to take pictures of. We get to this beach, and start swimming around looking for the turtles, and almost immediately find two of them! It was like national geographic, only alot closer!! And as I was snorkeling there underwater, I suddenly realized one of these turtles is swimming right for me!!!! So I start freaking out, trying to swim backwards to get away from it and it gently glides underneath me.... Now I am trying to go forward so I can not be above this thing when it comes up for air! As I swim forward, the current of the water shoves me right at the other one! Holy cow!!! I start flailing around in the water trying to get away from these turtles and very quickly decide that the 3 or 4 shots I got at them was more than enough!! I think I'll stick to the discovery channel when it comes to sea turtles!!

Today, Saturday, we went to Wiapio beach. It is in the bottom of this valley and only a 4 wheel drive vehicle can get you there.... So we where back in Matt's car again and my cousin Jeremy and his wife went too. It was alot of fun, and gorgeous at the same time.... Just look at these pictures...


As we are heading down this road with a 25% grade, Matt begins to share with us, that people have actually died going down this road.... Thanks Matt! As we come around the corner, he slows way down and says... See that car, that's what happens when try to go down and you don't know how do drive...This car looks like its been there for awhile, but its munched just the same...

At the bottom there was a really nice black beach. There was a fresh water river that ran into the ocean and it was really nice. If you look at this picture, there is a water fall coming off the side of the mountain running down into the water.

Here is another shot of a different waterfall that was further back in the valley.

This is fun too! If you look at the tree really close you can see a face of an old man in it... Its called the old man in the tree :)

Part of our drive back to a rope swing in a tree that goes out over the river involved actually crossing 5 or 6 different rivers that ran down the valley and then actually driving down one! My cousins car is in front of us, and we are following in Matt's car.

There is also a pack of wild horses that run through the valley. We forgot our bag of carrots, but I guess that they are tame enough that if you try to feed them they will come right up to you. This little guy and his mother where totally hogging the road tho.... I guess they figured they had the right away... :)


I was amazed when I realized that these prickly looking plants growing right next to my aunts driveway where pineapple! I'm not sure what I thought a pineapple plant looked like... but it isn't this! But I gotta tell ya, they are awesome fresh! On Monday we are being introduced to BBQ pineapple, I can't wait!
This is the beach we where on. As you can see, nobody but us.. It was really nice. On the way to the beach, we just had to stop at Walmart because it had been several days for all of us since we had been there and we just couldn't go another day without it... Anyway, while we where in Walmart, we found these really cool cameras for $10 that where 35mm and reusable but in a water proof case so you could use them underwater. I went ahead and bought one because Matt said we might see some sea turtles that usually where swimming down at this beach. So I figured that I could buy one and even if I didn't get to see any turtles there would be lots of other things to take pictures of. We get to this beach, and start swimming around looking for the turtles, and almost immediately find two of them! It was like national geographic, only alot closer!! And as I was snorkeling there underwater, I suddenly realized one of these turtles is swimming right for me!!!! So I start freaking out, trying to swim backwards to get away from it and it gently glides underneath me.... Now I am trying to go forward so I can not be above this thing when it comes up for air! As I swim forward, the current of the water shoves me right at the other one! Holy cow!!! I start flailing around in the water trying to get away from these turtles and very quickly decide that the 3 or 4 shots I got at them was more than enough!! I think I'll stick to the discovery channel when it comes to sea turtles!!
Today, Saturday, we went to Wiapio beach. It is in the bottom of this valley and only a 4 wheel drive vehicle can get you there.... So we where back in Matt's car again and my cousin Jeremy and his wife went too. It was alot of fun, and gorgeous at the same time.... Just look at these pictures...
As we are heading down this road with a 25% grade, Matt begins to share with us, that people have actually died going down this road.... Thanks Matt! As we come around the corner, he slows way down and says... See that car, that's what happens when try to go down and you don't know how do drive...This car looks like its been there for awhile, but its munched just the same...
At the bottom there was a really nice black beach. There was a fresh water river that ran into the ocean and it was really nice. If you look at this picture, there is a water fall coming off the side of the mountain running down into the water.
Here is another shot of a different waterfall that was further back in the valley.
This is fun too! If you look at the tree really close you can see a face of an old man in it... Its called the old man in the tree :)
Part of our drive back to a rope swing in a tree that goes out over the river involved actually crossing 5 or 6 different rivers that ran down the valley and then actually driving down one! My cousins car is in front of us, and we are following in Matt's car.
There is also a pack of wild horses that run through the valley. We forgot our bag of carrots, but I guess that they are tame enough that if you try to feed them they will come right up to you. This little guy and his mother where totally hogging the road tho.... I guess they figured they had the right away... :)
We also saw some really neat looking flowers, I would love to have these growing in a flower garden.
I was amazed when I realized that these prickly looking plants growing right next to my aunts driveway where pineapple! I'm not sure what I thought a pineapple plant looked like... but it isn't this! But I gotta tell ya, they are awesome fresh! On Monday we are being introduced to BBQ pineapple, I can't wait!
1 comment:
ooo. thanks mom! It makes me want to be there right now! : ) take some pinapple home, I want some. lol, that is NOT how I thought a pinapple grew. I was thinking a tree or something. hahaha. you better be getting seashells for me mom. and dont forget surprise gifts for us!!!!
luv you lots and missing you alwayz.
jessie
Post a Comment