Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Fun

I think one of my fondest memories as a kid from summer time was that every May, May 5th - my brothers birthday to be exact, my mom would buy a little pool to put in the backyard and all fill. All of us kids, no matter how cold it was, would excitedly run in and put on our swim suits and spend hours on end playing in the little pool. Even when it was too big for us, we still loved every minute of it. Of course, I had to pass this love on to my children. It has been getting alittle warm here lately, a whopping 85 or thereabouts...So I have introduced my children to the love of swimming, and boy do they love it,, they go to bed making sure they can swim tomorrow, and wake up asking when they can go out. Their outfit of choice has become their swim suits, and it even wears them out enough that they have been naps in the afternoon and sleeping good at night... Thank heavens for sleeping good at night... Finally!!! Anyway, I couldn't help but smile and take pictures. Even the big kids got in on the action.



Also, a first for us today, Sarah started drinking out of a straw... silly I know but it was really cute when she realized something actually came out of those things we always stick in her mouth!

No comments: