Thursday, July 31, 2008
Dare to Drive
OK, no pictures... just words... Jess turned 15 and 7 months old a few months ago, and that translates to time to teach her to drive... I put it off, and put it off, and then one Sunday I got bored. I decided to take her out to this area where someone put in streets but then lost all the land before they could sell it and put houses in. Its the perfect place for a new driver to get the hang of staying on her side of the road and turning the corner without taking any cars or curbs out... all the beginning kinda stuff. Well, with that over, it was time to actually start out on the real thing. I put it off for as long as I could, but if I don't want to get up at 5:45 every morning and drive Jess and Shy to seminary, I have to bite the bullet and teach her to drive.... so it has begun... I am sitting here typing this, so nothing too horrible has happened yet. Sadly enough, we need to upgrade our car to one that seats 8 people, so even if she does end up wrecking it, I think I'll be more happy than sad, as long as everyone gets to go home from the accident... Nah, I think I'm making it sound bad... she is surprisingly pretty good.... she is very cautious, takes direction well, and seems to remember what I tell her when the situation comes up again.... I think the thing that scares me the most... I am the mother of 6... I have 5 more kids to teach... heaven help me! Although, maybe I could turn this into a good thing and write a book about helpful hints to teach your child to drive... If I live through this that is ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Come to think of it, I have never seen a book on tips for teaching your teen to drive. That might be a good read and possibly really funny!
aw! thanks mom.
Post a Comment