Monday, September 7, 2009

Hmmm...

Today I was reminded by several people that I just NEVER post anymore, to which I replied that it seems like I just can't find the time to post about nothing... We have really not been up to much lately... Although as soon as I say that I am reminded about things we have been up to... The boys birthdays, starting school, and just being a huge family squished into a small house... anyway, I will someday get to posting the pictures of those... but for now I have decided to make my family happy and post about our goofy day of just being here and being together...

We began this day later than most at around 8:30am... Bruce has been trying to fix the van for the last several weeks, and today after some poking and prodding and a trip to the parts store he thought he had it... only to have it break down in the driveway... again... at least this time it made it up into the driveway instead of blocking the entrance... I am thankful for that.

I sat for about an hour banging and messing with a "thumb drive" computer file storage thing that holds many files and lots of pictures trying desperately to get it to work, debating on if I could take it apart... does anyone know? I saved my one and only copy of the newsletter I am responsible for writing at church on it. Luckily, I had emailed it to a friend of mine to proofread and she had not deleted her copy of it... I am thankful for that.

We went to a friends house this afternoon and they BBQ'd and fed our entire family and all I had to bring was a cheesecake, which meant that I only had to clean the kitchen and do dishes once today... I am thankful for that.

I have a hard time sometimes being thankful for what I do have and not sitting and wishing for all that I would like to have... This picture of the kids is too funny... as we were on our way home from the BBQ, Nate wanted to hold the leftover cheesecake. A few min's later I looked back and he and the girls were full blown eating the leftover cheesecake, finger swipe by finger swipe. The funny part is that just a few min's before Nathan assured me that he could hold it without spilling it and that he didn't like it anyway... I guess he changed his mind :)


1 comment:

Ninny said...

Hooray for the update!
The way I look at blogging is that one day, all to soon, I will realize that there were so many small moments that I wished I had recorded. Well, now I know I won't because I record practically everything.
Plus, when my kids get older I will have proof that they had an awesome childhood so that they can't blame their malfunctions on me! LOL