Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Fun

For the last several years, I have really refrained from doing pumpkins... they seem like such a waste of money... I mean you buy them just to cut them up and sit them on your front porch and shrivel up? It just seems wrong... and with little babies hanging on me, it was always easy to find something else to do and avoid the mess that is just plain unavoidable with 6 kids and pumpkins.... well, this year the kids, actually it was Jess, persuaded me to buy pumpkins. I compromised and bought 3.
.
I do have to admit, we had alot of fun carving them and deciding what picture to use or to be creative or what, and the end results where pretty fun. Austin got his all cleaned out and then because his partner had left him and he really didn't feel like looking for a picture and didn't like any of the ones we had, he just decided to skip the rest, so his final result is not here, but I think if I get some time tonight, maybe I'll see how creative I still am :)
.
Anyway, the kids had lots of fun. You'd think that little kids that play with rocks, dirt, mud, and any bug or slimy thing they can find wouldn't think that pumpkin guts where gross, but the first thing Nate said after he stuck his hand in the pumpkin and pulled out the mess of seeds was "ugg! My hand needs soap!" Raych thought it was fun, but immediately asked to take a bath when she was done, and Sarah just flat refused to touch any of it, although she had a ball crawling all over the table watching everyone.

.


.

I think of all they guys that want to go out with my soon to be 16yo daughter... I like this one the best! Jessica will be 16 in t-minus 7 days, and already has her first date planned with a guy from church and some other friends on the following Saturday.... I really don't think I'm ready for this... Anyone have a deep freeze I can keep her in for a few more years? or at least an ugly mask I can force her to wear so nobody will like her enough to ask her out...?

.

.

Shyla's little frog turned out really cute! It took her a long time to do it, but she is really proud of it. Oh yea, and catch this... I got Shy's report card in the mail... she has all A's and 2 B's... this is the first time ever!!! I am so proud of her!!!

.

2 comments:

Ninny said...

I LOVE them- they turned out so good!
We do it every year but have never done anything that cool.

Anonymous said...

Great pumpkins! They do grow up fast, Eden will be 15 in Jan. 16 does come tooooo soon. Have a great day.