Monday, September 8, 2008

The Day has Arrived!

Austin has been a member of cub scouts since he was 8 years old.... and he has worked really hard each year to earn the appropriate badges and get first his wolf badge, then his bear badge, and then finally his webelos badge... over this last year tho, he has had several different leaders and getting his webelos badge was alittle harder than it should have been. Austin was a champ tho, he worked really hard and earned several of the badges by himself! I am very impressed with his effort, and he even worked hard enough to earn not only his webelos badge, but his religious knot and his arrow of light.... He is amazing! I guess being his mother, I am pretty partial but I really think he deserves a pat on the back for all his hard work :)


This is Austin getting his religious knot. All the leaders thought it was really great because Austin was the first boy in quite awhile to get it.


This is Austin getting his arrow of light award, including a real handmade arrow.... notice the look of fascination on his face...


and the look of sheer pleasure!

No comments: