Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Hey everyone, it's me, Jess. It was mom's birthday today so I am gonna post so she doesn't have to miss her movie that she's watching. Christmas this morning started with Austin trying to get up at 4:00 am to see his stocking. The funny part is that this old rental we are in right now creaks every few feet on the floor. Dad heard him coming clear as day down the hall and said ".....get back in bed.....", which was followed be an "awww, dad! come on!".
Then at 6:00 shy and I tried our luck. We, unfortunately, sleep upstairs in the attic, which is twenty times more creaky than any part of the house. We get to the top of the stairs and mom opened the door and said "what do you think your doing? ". "Dang it!!", I shouted smiling, then I wanted to know how how she knew we had gotten up. The answer was obvious though, Dumb house! jk. : ) It is almost a game every Christmas to see whether the kids can get up without waking the parents. Too bad our parents sleep on pins and needles, that could be the reason us kids lose every year.
Following the breakfast in bed for mom and a quick clean up, we all sat down and picked a present. All the kids were on their toes when mom started the countdown. At the word Go, there was a sudden flurry of red and green Christmas wrapping followed by oo's and ahh's.
When we were cleaning up mom started to have her eye on taking down the tree. For goodness sakes women! We've only had it up for a week! I am determined to try to keep it up till the end of the year. Everyone pretty much messed around for the rest of the day. Mom wanted spaghetti for dinner but dad had to explain to her a few times that Christmas dinner was gonna be Ham and Duck, not spaghetti. She was only a little disappointed, after all it was her birthday. I think dad felt bad, so when my best friend Erica called and wanted to know if my family had seen National Treasure 2 yet, she got her way and convinced dad that Shyla, her and I should go. She had already seen it, so she saw P.S. I love you. 'Such a cute chick flick' she said. Shy and I saw National Treasure with Erica's family, gotta say its a 9, the scene in the presidents office was a little uncomfortable, but the riot at the Buckingham palace made tears of laughter run down my cheeks. It had the audience rolling it was so funny. Definitely one to buy.
Then after lighting mom's cake with a torch, jk mom : ), we all sang happy birthday and ate cake and homemade ice-cream. yum! good times, good times. All in all, it was a great Christmas. Hope all you guys out there had the same! Love, The Hale Family Circus.Jk, lol. : )

1 comment:

Ninny said...

Happy Birthday Tammy- I am a loser, how did I forget that?
I think Jessica should post more often- we get much more 'juice' out of her! LOL Loved the version of 'trying not to wake the parents'.
We love you guys and hope that we get to spent one of these Christmas' with you!