Well, Thanksgiving is over.... we had turkey and all the trimmings with just our little family here by ourselves. It was kinda nice not to have to worry about anyone showing up on time or trying to get everyone ready to head off to someone's house. Now that its over its time to move on to the next holiday.
Two of the radio stations started playing Christmas music on Halloween and for about the first day or two it was kinda fun, then it was just plain annoying. It makes you wonder if they have forgotten Thanksgiving when they do things like that. Anyway, we have done the tree lighting choir performance, cut up and eaten Melvin the turkey, and of course had the traditional cream cheese turkey rolls the Sunday after, and now after our whirlwind 5 day weekend, its back to school.... with only some odd shopping days left until Christmas. I'm having a hard time getting into the spirit tho, its hard enough taking one kid shopping, then add two more and a crowd of other shoppers and you have the makings of an insane mother!! Anyway, my favorite shopping time is 6am after I drop Jess at seminary and before the little ones get out of bed. Its really hard to Christmas shop at 6am tho, its more like a get whats on the list and go home.... So, needless to say I think I will be doing my shopping online :)
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment