Thursday, May 7, 2009

Garden - week 1

Yesterday - We are planting this HUGE garden that we have been blessed with. It took alittle while to get to the point that we could plant it because it was raining every couple of days and then the soil was too wet to run the tiller thru and get the seeds in the dirt... anyway, it has finally been dry for the last several days so the dirt had dried out enough that we could get everything done and the dirt ready for the actual seeds... of course we planted under a sky of clouds that threatened rain all afternoon but we got it in... I can honestly say it was alot of fun. I can't imagine doing things like planting a garden alone. I started out in the early afternoon by myself, laying out the rows and planning what was going to be where. It was kind of lonely... well, as lonely as one can be with 3 kids running thru the grass, tossing dirt into my hair, and asking me if I can be nice and share my shovel with them... but anyway, I am amazed at how fun the hard work of putting in a garden can be when you add a husband and 3 older kids to help and have fun with and don't you know that the things they say are quite entertaining... At one point we are planting away, digging and sweating, and it starts to sprinkle on us - to which Jess says "Heavenly Father must be trying to tell us we stink to high heaven and we need to take a shower!"
Here is a picture of the garden... I am going to try to post a picture of it every week, kind of like a time line so you can see how are little piece of heaven is doing :) If you look really close you can see the little starts we planted amidst all the brown...
Just a little addition to the funny things my kids say to me... we are sitting at the doctors office today and I am playing with Raych's curls... they fall like ringlets all by themselves... anyway, so I tell her I just love to play with her curls and she says "Oh mom! That's not a toy that's my hair!"

No comments: