Saturday, May 24, 2008

Catch Up!

Ok, so its been awhile...but it never fails, I have time and either someone is on the computer or the phone rings or someone starts crying. So as a result, here is a catch-up post. Over the last week or so we have had alot going... first was Austin's concert. He has been playing the viola since the beginning of the year and is actually starting to sound pretty good.

Then Jessica's last choir concert. They have an awsome choir teacher and it shows in their performances. In the past, most of the school concerts I have been too involved alot of singing, clapping, and sitting. This teacher is really fun tho, she has the kids do dance type moves while they are singing and lets them get into the music. Not only was Jessicas choir numbers awsome, but one of the music numbers was hilarious... it was the men's choir group, and they all came out in overalls and white tee shirts and sang this song called something like "Next to loving, I like fighting best" at least that's what I think it was called. Any way, the boys where totally into it, and they acted out all kinds of stuff, did these little play fights and where jumping around the stage and acting crazy, it was great!

A day or so later, Nathan attended a bike rodeo. He learned all about bike safety and was too cute riding his bike. After all that, we decided to have a yard sale and clear out all the stuff stuck in our basement.... It was great weather for it, and I made almost $180.00 so I think it was worth it, but I feel very safe in saying I will probably never do that again.... I guess the only bad part was I ended up sun burned and exhausted, but the kids had a blast. Raychelle loved playing out in the grass on the little tractor, and every time someone would stop she would ask them if they want to buy her stuff...

A few days later Austins school had a little graduation ceremony for the 5th graders that where moving on to middle school. This place is so small town and I just love it! The teachers and the schools are all so willing to make the kids feel good about themselves and help parents with anything they need. Its been a long time since we have had that kind of cooperation from a school, usually its them expecting you to do everything and anything they can't or don't want to do. It seems like Austin's school has constantly been trying to keep the kids engaged and learning and loving every minute of it. They even gave each of the kids a little certificate of completion and a cool picture of what the town looked like when the school was built.

After the presentation of their certificates, all of the fifth graders got up and sang. If you look at this picture, you can see the tee shirts the kids all got. On the front it says "Franklin (the name of the school) Rocks, Old School Style" and on the back it has the number "2015" (the year they will all graduate high school) and the 15 is in bubble letters with all the kids names inside the numbers. Its hard to believe that Austin will graduate exactly 25 years after me!

I think probably my biggest complaint with having 6 kids is that it never fails someone will schedule two kids to do two different things, in two different places, at the same time. So while Austin was finishing up graduation at his school, Shyla was singing in her last concert of the year at her school. Her teacher is really nice and puts so much effort into the kids that they can't help but be great!

The next night, we loaded up the kids and the 5th wheel and went off to go camping. It was the first time we have ever taken Sarah camping, so I was alittle nervous. It actually turned out totally fine tho. It was kind of weird camping in a place that was totally green and grassy. The breeze was blowing so there was no bugs and even tho it was a holiday weekend, we still managed to find a pretty good spot to camp. We are planning to go again in a couple weeks, and I can honestly say I am looking forward to it :)









We got corn on the cob to cook for dinner and as you can tell the girls couldn't wait... I think they went thru about 2-3 ears of corn like this...





Well, as you can tell, its been alot of busy fun around here... This next week doesn't seem to be shaping up to be much less tho, its the last week of school, I am going to the amish auction this week to try and pick up some berries, and there are a few other things going too....
Oh, and P.S. to all my biggest loser competition, don't you just love it when you can get on the scale and smile because it has a smaller number than the last time you where on it :)

No comments: