Friday, April 4, 2008

Many Mini Posts

Well, I started this with just wanting to post, not much going on here, so not much to post about. So I figured I'd post a cute little joke - and a couple of pictures of a squirrel with a death wish.

First, the joke - Three little indians are sitting around the fire, and they all decide that they want to go hunting. The first little indian goes out and comes back carrying a squirrel. The other two are amazed and ask him how did he do that. The first little indian says "Well, me see tracks, me follow tracks, me catch squirrel." Now its the second little indians turn to go off hunting, so off he goes. Pretty soon he comes back dragging a fox. "Wow!" says the other two, "How'd you catch that!?" The second little indian says "Me see tracks, me follow tracks, me catch fox." Then off goes the third little indian to see what he can find. Pretty soon he comes back just covered in marks and dirt and all beat up. The other two look stunned. "What happened to you?" they ask. The third little indian says "Well, me see tracks, me follow tracks, me get hit by train".

These are the kind of jokes my children bring home to me. I thought this one was kinda cute so I had to share. Second, the squirrel with a death wish. Another thing that my kids do for me, besides tell me goofy jokes, is make messes that I spend all day cleaning up. So yesterday I'm standing in the kitchen doing dishes and I look out the window watching the thunder and lightening light up the sky. While I'm standing there, I notice this squirrel out in the field oblivious to the rain. Then, this goofy squirrel climbs to the top of the phone pole, and just sat there! I guess he was a squirrel either with a death wish or he was trying to get closer to the light.... anyway, I took a couple pictures....:)

As I was looking thru the pictures on my camera, I realized we had been doing stuff that I hadn't been posting about. So I figured since I had time, I would stuff all that into this post too. Most recently, although I have no pictures of it, we went to a spring concert for Jessica. I have been to alot of concerts being that I have 3 kids that love to sing. Anyway, I can honestly say that the music teacher here at the high school is amazing. The concert was awsome! Although I have no pictures, I can tell you that Jessica was gorgeous in her black dress and sounded like an angel.

Another thing we did recently is we revisited the past and made the kids go thru all their boxes of stuff in the basement. Unfortunately this house is really too small for our family, so about half our stuff is in the basement because to have it out and unpacked would make the house feel even smaller. So anyway, we made the kids go the things they where storing and get rid of things they no longer wanted. As they went thru it, we told them that in April, we are going to have a yard sale and they could sell whatever they want of their own stuff and keep the money from it. So Shyla digs out her old dolls she has been toting for the last 5 years and her and Jess sit down to "brush their hair out". It was so cute to see them playing with dolls like they used to, I just had to take their picture. The funny part is that as soon as they realized that I had my camera, they put the dolls away!

Another thing that happened was that my mom came to visit. I was very happy to see her, and the kids loved her and even tho the babies kept calling her gampa, they where all over her.

Ok, I know this post seems like its going on and on, but I'm almost done. With spring comes dirty, muddy feet... Ginny - you think Corban has a constantly dirty face, well under our porch is this patch of that soft powdery dirt that we all loved as a kid. It never seems to fail that as soon as I get the kids ready to go, someone comes in covered in this fine dust and we have to start over. I can't wait till you come to visit and they can all get under there together and get covered!

With six kids also comes things that they leave to close to the ground, that Sarah finds before I do....

Austin had a pack meeting for scouts recently, and earned several different awards. The next pack meeting, they are all doing magic tricks. I can't wait!

Easter was alittle cold, so we waited until a couple days after to go to the park and take pictures of the little kids. My mom bought the girls matching dresses that are absolutely adorable. I'm not the best photographer around, but I think some of them turned out kinda cute.

1 comment:

Ninny said...

You hate me! I just know it! Wishing that my kids will find your dirt.

Love the pictures and I love that you have a squirrel. I guess there is one here at our house but I have not seen it yet!