Saturday, March 15, 2008

Finally!

OK, so I lead a pretty blah life. Until last night, I have never been anywhere I have had to be 18 to be, but last night that all changed.... A company that Bruce works with put on a promotional event that included a party in downtown Kansas City, where the everyone could watch the college basketball tournament on a big screen TV and then they put you up in a hotel room for the night. They gave away some prizes and of course free t-shirts... but I think the part I was looking forward to the most was the hotel room... alone! Now don't think bad things.. I was looking forward to sleeping all night with no babies crying or crawling in my bed or waking me up with the sun because they wanted out of their crib. Anyway, so we head off to the party, and its an OK party, but the whole time we where there watching the game I was thinking of the quiet hotel room :) So it comes time to leave and Bruce decides since they only served some hot wings and finger sandwiches, he is still hungry and wants to go out to eat. OK, but next we sleep! We walk around downtown headed for the "power and light district" where the lady at the hotel says there are some good places to eat. When we get there, its surrounded by a fence and at the gate are these ladies putting wrist bands on people after she verifies that they are 21 because they are giving away free beer somewhere inside. Being that I had left my ID in the hotel room, I figured, oh well... so as we walk up to the lady, she doesn't even ask me for my ID!!! She just puts this wrist band on me and lets me go thru!! HOW RUDE!!! I guess my days of having to prove my age are behind me.... Anyway, so we go to this restaurant that serves both beef and bison.... gross! As we are sitting there, this waiter walks by with somebodies burger... and the top half of the bun falls off! The funny part is the guy keeps walking and actually sets it down in front of the people... Bruce and I are sitting there looking at the waiter and this 1/2 a bun laying on the floor by our table... Nobody even notices! We where cracking up.. it was like we where the only ones that noticed..... pretty soon another waiter walks by, casually stoops down and picks up this 1/2 a bun and continues walking back to the kitchen... like it was nothing.. of course that had us giggling even more... pretty soon the same waiter that dropped the bun walks by and as he walks by, he drops a spoon, of course true to form the guy keeps walking... and sadly sets the soup in front of the same set of people from the bun incident... it sounds kinda stupid now, but I can assure you, it was hilarious last night!! Oh, and to add to this goofy night, we get back to the hotel, turn off the lights and try to sleep... the bed was horrible, so after I tossed and turned for an hour and a half, my husband offered to drive home so I could sleep in my own bed with my own pillow! I love that man! Someday, I'll get to sleep thru the night.. but not last night :)

No comments: